Beaches in close proximity to the Irida Apartments complex:
- The central beach of Agia Pelagia. The main beach of the settlement is a long beach with sand and greenish waters. In the middle there is a long and narrow rocky plate which provides a small area safe for children. The sea is always calm here and the bay forms a tranquil harbor. The beach offers umbrellas and beach chairs as well as many options for watersports. There is also a good selection of tavernas and cafeterias along the beachfront.
- Fylakes beach. If you walk along the Cape of Souda (don’t confuse that with Souda of Chania or Plakias), passing by the shrine, after a few steps you will be above the most beautiful beach of Agia Pelagia, Fylakes. Fylakes (Prisons) are small bays with fine sand and green waters, sheltered by the tall rocks of Cape Souda. This small beach is regarded as one of the top 5 beaches of Northern Crete.
- Mononaftis beach. “Mononaftis” means “one sailor” and this particular name was given to the beach as according to tradition, a ship sank there once and only one sailor survived. It is a very quiet beach, sheltered by a large rock which provides the beach with plenty of peace and privacy. The beach has pebbles and the water has a characteristic greenish color. It is ideal not only for swimming but also for fishing and scuba diving. It is very well organized with umbrellas, sun beds and water sport centers. Moreover, near the beach you will find a number of cafes and restaurants.
- Psaromoura beach. Like all beaches in the area, it faces east and is sheltered from the northern winds. The beach is pebbly and on the north end there is a large rock with many foldings which protects the beach from the waves.
- Ligaria beach. East to Agia Pelagia this beach is also sandy, with umbrellas and several tavernas. The bay is smaller, but it is also protected from the north winds.
WHY BOOK THROUGH US
Subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to get our news, announcements and information about our services.