COVID-19 - Latest update
The world is facing a radical crisis due to the novel coronavirus and our everyday life and plans have undoubtedly altered. Amidst this crisis, words like health and safety have regained enormous attention and have turned into priorities in our lives. Our hearts and thoughts will always be with everyone affected around the world and with all the personnel that assisted in easing the Covid-19 situation.
We are currently following all updates from local and global health officials, such as the CDC and the World Health Organization, to ensure that our hotel procedures are in line with the current guidelines.
We are very pleased to be able to host you and be part of your vacation for once more this summer. As we are well aware of the responsibility we carry, we would like to inform you that we will proceed with adjustments to our policies and procedures according to the developments take place and will keep you updated on all so that you may have peace of mind before, during and after your summer break.
The health and safety of our guests and staff has always been a top priority and embedded in the core of our philosophy. Given the unprecedented events related to Covid-19 spread, we have created a detailed plan to ensure that we offer you the highest level of safety and confidence during your stay with us. Our plan involves the below actions:
• Safety Certification
Our hotel has been awarded the "HEALTH FIRST" certification by the Hotel Chamber of Greece, which is mandatory for the tourist accommodation businesses that will operate during the year 2020 and ensures the implementation of sufficient protective measures against Covid-19.
We strongly advise you to visit World Health Organization to learn more about how to protect your health best during your travel.
Our team is constantly monitoring the local and national developments concerning Covid-19 so as to be updated and aware of all the latest measures and news, and therefore to be ready to adapt if necessary.
• Local medical arrangements – Doctor 24/7
We have made our local special arrangements so that a doctor acting on the instructions of Health Authorities, will be available 24/7 to offer consultation on the spot.
• Health & Safety Coordinator
We have appointed a Health & Safety Coordinator of the hotel who will supervise and ensure that the protocols are being followed and all protective measures implemented.
• Physical distancing
We are following all the guidelines from authorities in terms of physical distancing. In the Facilities & Services update file (linkable) you may see all rules and restrictions that apply in our communal areas. The physical distance that we apply according to EU guidelines is 1.5-2m between people that are not travelling together.
At Irida Hotel Apartments, every room has its own separate entrance to enhance hygiene in communal areas. With the addition of our second pool and new rooms, our premises now reach an area of over 6.000 square meters, giving our guests the space needed to practice physical distancing.
• Infection prevention and control measures (IPC measures)
- Hand hygiene: Ηand hygiene is essential and will be communicated to guests and workers through signs & infographics at key areas/facilities. There are establishments that ensure easy access to hand washing facilities with soap, single-use paper towels, automatic hand dryers and alcohol-based hand rub solutions.
- Ventilation: We are increasing the number of air exchanges and supplying outdoor air as much as possible. There will also be increased ventilation of rooms for at least four hours after each guest’s check-out.
- Respiratory etiquette: Respiratory etiquette will be communicated to guests and staff members plus establishments will be in place to ensure the availability of paper tissues and bins.
• Front Desk / Lounge
- On line/ Outdoors Check-in (15:00 p.m.) & Check-out (11:00 a.m.)
- Staff members and guests are obliged to follow the necessary hygiene measures and maintain a distance of two meters from one another
- All team members are fully trained and capable to inform guests on the hotel’s rules and the new measures taken.
- Frequent disinfection of reception desk
- Disinfection of all key cards
- The Hotel provides information leaflets on basic health instructions and useful coronavirus-information.
- Credit or debit cards are recommended for payment.
- Bills, invoices and receipts can be sent by email.
• Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping (rooms and communal areas)
- Improved disinfection and deep cleaning practices have been implemented in accordance to Health Organization’s instructions.
- Meticulous cleaning and very good room ventilation between stays of guests.
- Steam appliance used to clean all fabric surfaces.
- The frequent cleaning of rooms during the stay of guests should be avoided (this is for housekeeping staff to avoid coming in contact with possible cases and to prevent further transmission).
- The daily change of sheets, pillowcases and towels should be avoided and only carried out only upon the request of guests.
- TV and air conditioner controls with disposable covers.
- Sanitation services in all communal areas with special attention to cleaning high-frequency touch points.
- Social distancing rules apply
• Hotel Staff
- Trained and certified on Covid-19 prevention and control (IPC) measures.
- Aware of how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted and able to provide information to guests.
- Provided with personal protective equipment.
- Undergo thermal screening before every shift.
- All members of the staff are tested regularly for CoVid-19. Up until now, all results have come out negative.
Operating hours: 10:30 a.m. - 22:00 p.m.
- A la carte Restaurant certified with HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), an internationally recognized method of identifying and managing food safety related risk.
- Outdoor seating that ensures social distancing through table spacing
• Breakfast (07:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. )
- Breakfast service shifted from self-service buffet to a la carte
with an option of three different menus ( Healthy-Greek-Casual )
- On line menus and orders
- Reservation required
• Brunch/Lunch/ Dinner
- Brunch/Lunch/ Dinner service a la carte with an option of two
different menus ( Day Menu-Dinner Menu )
- On line menus and orders
- Reservation required
Lounge Bar (08:30 a.m. - 00:00 a.m.)
Pool Bar (10:30 a.m. - 20:00 p.m.)
- Implementation of all protective measures
- Social distancing rules apply
- Individually packaged accompaniments
• In-room Dining Service
- In-room Dining Service on request at an extra charge
• Travel Service upon request
- 3 people are allowed in the car (driver & 2 passengers) unless it is a vehicle with 8 or 9 seats where 4 people are allowed.
- Passenger limits may be exceeded, only if the guests are parents with minors.
- Mandatory use of masks by passengers and drivers.
• Information for guests
Our guests are high priority and for that reason we want to share all measures and rules that apply to our hotel. All relevant information is delivered via email prior to arrival, which will be updated constantly on our website and will be available upon request at any time.
• Information on nearest hospitals and medical facilities
Apart from the 24/7 doctor, in order to offer you the highest level of information and confidence, we have added some key medical destinations in order to be handy in an unexpected event. Click here to see the routes and distances between our hotel and the nearest hospital in the area, which is also the COVID-19 specialized hospital in Crete.
• Handling COVID-19 cases in the hotel
- If a guest is affected, continued stay of the sick person in the establishment is not recommended.
- The person can be isolated in a room on a temporary basis until the intervention of local health authorities, and provided the room is not shared with other guests.
- No visitors should be permitted to enter the room occupied by the affected guest.
- Depending on the availability of rooms, accompanying persons, if any, should be moved to a different room.
Measures for the management of contacts can be referred to WHO guidance on Home care for patients with COVID-19 presenting with mild symptoms and management of their contacts.
During these extraordinary times, we understand that summer plans and travel priorities have shifted for each individual. In response to the uncertainty of current events, we want to offer you some peace of mind regarding your plans and existing bookings by offering you flexible options for your stay.
For existing bookings: Given the state guidelines, in existing bookings we will offer either the possibility of change in dates of vacation within 2021 or offer a Credit Voucher which If not redeemed by 31/10/2021, the entire amount will be returned to our guest.
In any of the above cases please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your dates or receive the Credit Voucher.
For new individual reservations, we are offering more flexible policies in order for you to book your stay with peace in mind. You may find more information on this link
For any question or request you may also contact us by email at email@example.com or phone on +30 2810 811223
Learn about our FACILITIES & SERVICES UPDATE
PERCHÉ PRENOTARE CON NOI
Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter per essere il primo a ricevere le nostre offerte, annunci e informazioni sui nostri servizi.